On Oct. 17, 1955, the Biloxi school board passed a resolution calling for a bond issue of $536.000, for the construction of a new school on St. Mary Boulevard that would eventuall be known as Jefferson Davis Elementary School. The price was ultimately $678,000 when the matter was submitted to Biloxi voters on Dec. 16, 1955.
Jeff Davis Elementary School opened in 1961. Extensive renovation and additions were made to the school in 2002.
To visit the web site for Jeff Davis Elementary School, click here.